Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life Through Pics

I know that I'm always saying this, but I just can't get over how fast time is passing me by! Let me go back a few weeks :) The day after Thanksgiving we broke out the Christmas tree and got to work! Grace informed me that all white lights is boring so we opted for the traditional (though I tried to find light blue lights too {didn't happen}). I have to give props to the girls for pretty much decorating the whole thing themselves. I handed them the ornaments and they went to work. I planned on fixing it when they went to bed, but still haven't done a thing to change it and it looks pretty darn good :)



I have been working on projects like crazy. My newfound crocheting obsession is moving along nicely and I hope to have some slippers made for the girls for Christmas Eve. Here's the cute pattern that I'm attempting. I still have a lot to do before Christmas though and can't believe that tonight officially starts the 12 days before Christmas! Sheesh!



It was really nice being able to hang out with my parents over Thanksgiving weekend. They even stayed over two nights which was just long enough for Kate to decide that they were okay after all. She still wanted to come back to me pretty quickly, but definite progress!



When I was a kid my parents had this porcelain nativity set that they'd put out every year. A few years ago it got handed down to me which I was really excited about. This might be the first time I've actually put it up though. I've always been nervous about the kids touching it. So I decided to put it on the top of a shelf that's in our front room. I told the girls not to touch it. This is how I found it a few days later :)



Does the bible mention The Littlest Petshops? Anyway, here's what's been going on at our house lately:


That new color in the playroom really makes me smile :D


A very happy and very snotty baby.



Yesterday Andrea and I took the girls to see Santa. Abby very shyly asked for Naptime Nikki ($10 at Walmart) without actually making eye contact with Santa, lol. Then Grace sat on his lap and told him that she wanted a puppy. Santa saw the look on my face and was nice enough to talk her into a toy puppy. He talked to her about how much work animals are and how messy his reindeer are. Loved that Santa, though Grace didn't seem to like him as much, lol. I handed Kate over to him for a quick pic and she couldn't stop staring are that long white beard. It even kept her form crying for a second or two :) Before we left the girls got their hair done and we also couldn't leave without getting pretzels (even though they're a HUGE ripoff).

This morning we finally woke up to some real (not going away any time soon) snow! I don't know if I'm really excited or not, though it does feel more like Christmas now. The girls were so excited to break out the snow clothes finally and I do have to admit that I was excited that they still fit them! Kate also had her first taste of Winter which she wasn't so sure about.




That's about all that's happening around these parts. I'm starting to see the light when it comes to being done with Christmas shopping which it nice. I can't wait until everything is done and wrapped! In other news I think that I'll be putting the gat up very soon. Kate is trying to figure out how so climb.




Have a great weekend! xoxo until next time.

6 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Too cool, you guys got snow! It has been pretty warm here and it just started to get cold this weekend. Finally feeling a little like Christmas. The girls did a great job on the tree! I am impressed!

Milana said...

You are such an awesome mom!!! Thanks for the cookies...they were a hit!!!

Andrea Stocks said...

Grace's videos are funny. Is that a feature on your camera? Cool. The pic of Kate and Santa is classic and I love the one of Kaylee and Abby at the mall (you'll have to send it to me).

Melissa said...

What great pictures!! Looks like you guys are going to have a great Christmas.

Elise misses playing with Abby and Kaylee. That was such a cute pic of them!

Amie said...

Oh, Tiff. These are so cute. My fave is the picture of the three girls on the sled. Almost makes me like snow, for a second. :)

tingey said...

Hi Tiff, I loved the pictures and of course my 3 grand kids. What would life be like if you couldn't see your children and there kids. Thanks for the blog and I love you all.

grandpa duke