Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Mangers for a Better Christmas
We are done with mangers for this year. Thanks so much for all of your support! If you'd be interested next year please leave us a comment with your email.
If this is the first time that you've heard about or are just now seeing our mangers, let me give you a little background. A few years ago I had this thought that I needed to start building mangers and selling them to help others in need. I had no idea how to make them and let the thought slide. Then last year the idea came back and wouldn't go away. With the help of my husband we came up with a model and I knew that this was something that would help us as a family come closer to feeling the real meaning of Christmas. I posted the idea on Instagram and started taking orders. I really only thought that we'd make maybe 50 at the most, but within the first 24 hours I could tell that we needed a lot more supplies. We really were touched at how many people supported our idea through purchases, reposting, helping with the work load, or just kind words. We ended up making over 125 mangers and raising over $1200 to help other families in our area. We know that this will now continue to be a tradition for our family and have started building once again.
With trying to sell our house and other things that are keeping us busy right now we may have to limit how many are made. We have roughly 60 that should be ready by next week so please let us know as soon as you can and we will work hard to fill all the orders. All of the money earned will go towards helping other families or individuals have a Christmas they wouldn't be able to have on their own. For this reason we will try to fulfill all the orders that come in.
There are a few options this year that are different than last year. On the right column you'll see two different paypal options (you don't have to have a paypal account to use these). The mangers will cost $20 each and if shipping is needed it will be $15 extra. They come with a gray stain on them and they measure approximately 7 1/2 wide x 19 1/2" long x 7" tall. It also comes with a little bag of raffia and piece of cloth.
If you live in Cache Valley
1. Email me at email@example.com and we can arrange for a time to meet. You can either pay through the Paypal button listed or when we meet.
2. There will be mangers at the Holly Berry Christmas Boutique Thursday December 3rd - Saturday December 5th - 742 East 590 North Smithfield (I'll update with times when I get them).
Utah residents near Ogden Area
1. My husband works at the Intellibed Store at 4091 Riverdale Road (next to Olive Garden and Mens Warehouse) and we can facilitate pickup from this location.
2. There will be mangers and lots of other great stuff at:
From Ogden to Provo Area
1. We don't have the location that we did last year in Draper for picking up. We are going to have a day that we come down and will have a location to meet. Please email me if you'd be interested in that.
St. George residents
1. We are working on getting a handful of mangers down that way. If you're interested please let me know so we can see how many we'd need to send down: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any other places
1. The cost of shipping is $15. Please just use that payment button and we'll work to get your manger shipped before Thanksgiving.
We are excited for another year of making mangers! Please contact me with any questions and I'll be happy to do what I can to help and get a manger to you.