Sunday, September 30, 2018

Mangers For a Better Christmas 2018


Yes we're thinking about Christmas already and as much as you'd like to deny it I bet you are too! Last year we took a little manger break after moving into our new home and just feeling overwhelmed and tired and the thought of mass manger creating. As we have talked back and forth about it we know that it's time to start making mangers again.

If you have no idea what these mangers mean to us, let me give you a little background. A few years ago I had this thought that I needed to start building mangers and selling them to help others in need. I had no idea how to make them and let the thought slide. Then the next year the idea came back, and wouldn't go away. With the help of my husband, we came up with a model, and I knew that this was something that would help our family come closer to feeling the real meaning of Christmas. I posted the idea on Instagram and started taking orders. I really only thought that we'd make maybe 50 at the most, but within the first 24 hours I could tell that we needed a lot more supplies. We really were touched at how many people supported our idea through purchases, reposting, helping with the work load, or just kind words. We ended up making over 125 mangers and raising over $1200 to help other families in our area. We know that this will now continue to be a tradition for our family and have started building once again. A couple of years ago we raised $1,500 that went to anonymously help families in our area. We have appreciated so much the support that we've received in doing this project and look forward to getting started again this year.

Here are the options for this year. If you have Venmo you can send us the money that way: @Tiffany-Brady-2. We also accept Paypal: gaamk0@gmail.com. The mangers will cost $20 each, and if shipping is needed it will be $18 extra (I'm sorry about that cost! I wish I could hand deliver all of these myself). They come with a gray stain on them, and measure approximately 7 1/2 wide x 19 1/2" long x 7" tall. It also comes with a little bag of raffia ("hay") and piece of muslin. We will be making and getting all manger ready over the next month and then out to you.

If you live in Cache Valley, Utah

1. Email me at tiffj.brady@yahoo.com and we can arrange for a time to meet, or you can pick up directly from me. You can either pay beforehand or at time of pick up.

Utah residents near Ogden Area

1. My husband works at the Intellibed Store at 4091 Riverdale Road (next to Olive Garden and Mens Warehouse) and we can facilitate pickup from this location.

From Ogden to Provo Area

1. If needed we will set a date in November to meet at Ikea for pick up.

St. George residents

1. We are planning to visit mid December and can deliver then. If you're interested, please let me know (before you pay) so we can see how many we'd need to send down: tiffj.brady@yahoo.com

Any other places

1. The cost of shipping is $18. Please just use that payment button and we'll work to get your manger shipped before Mid November.

We are excited for another year of making mangers! Please contact me with any questions and I'll be happy to do what I can to help and get a manger to you.


No comments: