Sunday, February 15, 2009

Let's Rewind a Day

I'm sorry that I didn't post yesterday. I had some yucky 24 hour flu or something. Not a lot of fun, but I was definitely glad that it hit on a day that Corey wasn't working. He was pretty sweet about having the kids make waffles with him and he really knew I wasn't feeling well when I declined (saying no to food is unheard of from me, lol).

So the other night I had the girls decorate their own valentine shirts. They turned out really cute and they were so excited to wear them and show them off. I would have liked to make them myself, but realized how much more fun they would have creating them.





The girls took valentines to school and came home toting a bunch of fun sugar junk. Abby didn't even realize what valentines were. The kids could have just given her a piece of candy and she would have been fine :) I remember when I was a kid sitting at our kitchen table stuffing my valentines into those little white envelopes. Then I would put a few conversation hearts inside (that's probably the most popular valentine candy, but definitely my least favorite). Anyway, here's what our valentines looked like this year. Abby took sweet tarts and Grace opted for pixy stixs.



Okay, now for the moment that you've been waiting for :) The winner of my very first giveaway isssssssssssssssss..............



Yeah Melissa! I know that Elise is going to look adorable in this :) Would you mind sending me your address again and I promise I won't forget it. Thanks so much everyone for playing along. Jenny you really make me miss my high thread count sheets! Well we still have them, but they're queen and now we have a king. Our guest get nice sheets when they come :) I'll definitely be doing lots more giveaways in the near future. I'm always looking for new things to crochet, sew, and craft up so keep your eyes open. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!

xoxo until next time.

5 comments:

Amie said...

Hey Tiff! I can't believe it- I somehow missed your giveaway post! I think it's such a cute idea! The video was too precious with your girls giving you and each other all of the love. The idea for the Valentines- awesome as well. I want to tell you that you're creative- but it's a major understatement. :)

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

The girls homemade shirts and valentines are so cute! Its great to have a super creative mom! Hope you had a good Valentines, sorry to hear you were sick. Thats always no fun.

Milana said...

Those shirts are adorable! And the valentines turned out so cute...you are amazing!!! I told you you are the most creative person I know!!!

Melissa said...

Wooo hooo! Art and I were just talking this morning about Elise needing a hat. So hooray! Now she will have a totally cute one!

I will email our address to you. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

And wow, your Valentines were so cute!

Gingersnaps said...

I love their adorable valentines, and girl? You've lost 11 lbs! Awesome job, AWESOME JOB!!! :)